Monday 16 April 2012

I have an Aga crush

Actually, I'm having more of a huge love affair with one and unfortunately it's an affair from afar.  I don't have an Aga and I can't see myself having one for a few years yet, but does that stop me from loving them, not a chance!

Don't get me wrong, this is not a recent discovery as I have always loved Agas and have always wanted one, but for some reason over the last 2 months it has become a HUGE thing and I can't stop thinking about them. I have been looking at Aga shop websites, deciding whether to have a two, three or four oven model (I settled on a four), what colour (light blue), what the energy consumption is, the price (eekk!!) and just swooning.

I have cards of them hanging in my kitchen.



I had to buy this card when I saw it in a shop in Exeter when me and hubby went to see The Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends.



I also have had this stuck to my kitchen wall for over a year



It was from Country Living Magazine and it's how my kitchen is going to look when I finish it (I have to start if first though!).  The kitchen will be minus the Aga though.

And look, I have the perfect place for it to go as well. 



Apparently the cottage had a solid fuel Rayburn up to 20 years ago, but when they renovated it they thought it would be a good idea to rip it out ....... how very dare they!

We had a day in Swanage last week and we went into a shop that had one; working, warm and gorgeous.  Well, of course, that has just made the wanting increase a hundred fold.

Now, how can I get my hands on a spare £8,000 (ish!).

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I am so with you on this one! I had a job catering once and used an Aga, and have wanted one ever since. I think the only way I'll get one is to buy a house with one already in. How annoying that the Rayburn in your house was taken out!

    Good luck with your daughter's
    room, sounds like major refurbishment. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete