Thursday 19 April 2012

Thursday's Song - Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends - No Hopers Jokers & Rouges

I L.O.V.E Port Isaac's Fisherman's Friends! 

My husband introduced me to them in the middle of last year.  This is the husband who doesn't really care about music and me that can't live without music. 

I really mean that by the way, music is really, really important to me.  I'm one of those people that if anything happens in my life I assign a song to it.  Make ups, break ups, illness, love, death, all of it.  I can't really listen to Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars as it's the song that reminds me of when my sister was in hospital and losing her battle with breast cancer.  I did want to just lay with her and forget the world.  As I said, I can't listen to it and I have to turn over the radio when it comes on.

Anyway, I digress.  The husband came across a documentary about them on Sky and loved them instantly and so did I.  Even they will admit that they are not professional singers, but to me that's what makes them more appealing.  They look like they are just having the best fun ever.  All bar one, they have been friends since the were little and they get to travel the country, having a good time, doing something they love with their best mates.  I could go for that.

We went to Exeter in March to see them live (husbands Christmas present) and they were amazing. Their voices are so powerful and I think that only when you see someone live can you get a real feel for them. A brillint night.

I have just finished their book which had me giggling away to myself, reading all about the things they have got up to and the mishaps, usually involving Billy!

I have chosen this song because for some reason the lyrics hit home to me.  Anyway, enjoy the song and enjoy the boys.

Marge x

No comments:

Post a Comment